On Monday, President Rodrigo Duterte assured the Filipinos that his government will continue to run normally even if the disruption plot against him continues, according to OKD2.
During a press briefing inside the Malacañang Palace on Monday morning, Duterte allegedly said that he is willing to pass his duties to any of the six people he trusted should the derailment plan against him succeed.
“Hindi sila mananalo. Akala nila pag napaalis nila ako makakaupo sila? Putang ina hindi mangyayari yon. Mayrong akong anim katao na pwedeng humawak ng posisyon ko bilang presidente. Ready sila anytime”, Duterte strongly stated.
The president also said that the said six deserving people will probably run for president on the 2022 national elections should he continue with his current position until the Election Day.
“Qualified sila lahat kaya kung sino man sa kanila ang mananalo, wala akong magiging problema”, Duterte added.
Duterte named the following people qualified to become the next Philippine president.
1.Sara Duterte, Rodrigo Duterte’s daughter, and Davao City mayor. Duterte said his daughter is more than qualified to replace him as president.
2. Manny Pacquiao. Duterte said Pacquiao has all the quality to become the next president. “Magaling is Pacquiao, wag mo lang alisan ng adviser sigurado may magagawa siya”, Duterte joked.
3. PNP Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa. The president said Bato is brave enough to continue his war on drugs. “Wala siyang takot pumatay kaya dapat lang siya ang susunod na maging presidente. Duterte said.
4. DOJ Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre. Duterte did not give the reason but said Aguirre should be on the list.
5. House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez. “Wala siyang maipapakain sa napakarami niyang anak sa iba’t-ibang babae pag hindi siya naging president”, Duterte said.
6. House Majority leader Rodolfo Fariñas. Duterte said of Fariñas, “Sayang ang kayabangan niya kung di siya maging presidente”.
When asked who among the six individuals he endorsed should be the next president, Duterte answered, “bahala sila sa buhay nila, basta kahit sino sa kanila, wag lang LP”